I may burst some idealistic bubbles with this post, but I’m here to tell you that having a stunning venue isn’t a golden ticket to success. Even the most beautiful properties have to work hard to attract the attention and business of clients. A realistic, intentional, and cohesive marketing plan makes promoting your business manageable. Creating that marketing plan is the first and most crucial step.
What is a marketing plan?
A good marketing plan defines your venue’s branding, marketing, advertising, and sales strategies. That may sound overwhelming, but it doesn’t need to be a stiff technical paper with fancy jargon. Instead, it should be an approachable and actionable roadmap that covers five main topics.
- Business Overview – Analyze the marketing strengths & weaknesses of you and your venue.
- Marketing & Sales Goals – Define your goals numerically and determine the system/metrics to track progress.
- Marketing-Specific Budget – Allocate spending based on your priorities and chosen sales methods.
- Branding Strategy – Create a unique and strategic brand identity based on your targets.
- Lead Generation & Conversion Strategies – Identify the ways you will use to attract clients.
Why does a wedding venue need a marketing plan?
Without a marketing plan, one-off piecemeal decisions over time will prevent you from reaching your goals. Save time and money by focusing on marketing that drives your desired results. A completed marketing plan will help you:
- Assess all your marketing opportunities strategically based on knowledge of YOUR target client and your actual priorities and budget.
- Focus on and master the marketing methods that fit you and your venue best while ignoring things that don’t serve you or your business well.
- Communicate with clarity & purpose.
- Differentiate yourself from competitors by creating a unique brand and stellar reputation.
- Continuously improve your marketing by measuring your success and progress toward your goals.
How to start a wedding venue marketing plan?
Start by visiting our online shop to purchase the Wedding Venue Marketing Plan Guide! After your payment, you will immediately receive access to the following:
- Step-by-step directions and education in the Wedding Venue Marketing Plan Guide will help you make educated decisions as you build your plan.
- Fill in the blank Marketing Plan Outline as you read through the accompanying guide to produce your final product.
Work through these documents at your own pace. Think through each decision strategically and practically from multiple perspectives. Revisit your plan regularly as a reminder of your goals. Tweak your methods as you and your business learn and grow. Think of it as a living document!
Q – My wedding venue needs more leads. How will this guide help me?
A – Our Wedding Venue Marketing Plan Guide will help you build a marketing plan that will do three things.
- Identify your target audience and where to reach them.
- Alter your marketing tactics to fit your strengths better.
- Locate when and where you are losing the attention of leads so you can improve.
Q – Is there a one-size fits all marketing plan for wedding venues?
A – No, and that’s a good thing! Your expertise, property, offers, and market are unique, so your marketing should be too. There are industry norms and standard practices, but it is up to you to determine what methods are best for you and your business. A marketing plan allows you to think through your options and make decisions.
Q – My wedding venue is already open. Do I still need a marketing plan?
A – YES! A marketing plan will solidify what you’re doing, what is working well, and what isn’t working at all. Tweak your methods based on actual data. Your plan can also be an onboarding tool when you are ready to outsource or hire an employee to handle your marketing.
Purchase the Wedding Venue Marketing Plan Guide! While shopping, find other products that answer your wedding venue questions. For example, the Wedding Venue Business Plan Guide and Property Management Guide are super helpful for venues at all stages of development. Feel free to email us if you have questions or need individualized help. We’re here for you!